About the job
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jr. Technical Support Specialist will be the initial field support technician responding to technology issues and inquiries from users and provide first and second level problem resolution and desktop support.
Must be detailed oriented.
- Must be located in the DFW area.
- Available 24/7 via rotation phone support.
- Participate in the support and maintenance of Windows-based and or Apple based Desktops
- Work closely with an established technical team to deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot servers, desktops handheld device technology and network equipment.
- Take ownership and responsibility for their work.
- Help increase user productivity, optimize costs, and reduce end-user down time.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows 8/10, and Mac OS X
- Application support experience (i.e. Microsoft Office, adobe, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of networking (ADDNS, DHCP, DNS, ARP, TCP/IP, etc)
- Basic knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to listen to direction.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Driving to client location
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
Jr. to Mid level experience
Pay Rate: Hourly Contract to Full-Time